When it comes to property extensions, homeowners in the Yorkshire area carry out work for multiple reasons. Some don’t have the financial means to make a move yet, while others don’t want the upheaval of leaving a cherished family home. More still view extension work as a way to solve short-term space issues while making a long-term property investment. Whichever motivation our clients have for their property extensions, one thing unites them – the need for an experienced, trustworthy building contractor to manage the project to completion. Here at MH Wood Building Services, we do exactly that. Whether it’s in Selby, Pontefract, York or any other Yorkshire location, we bring work to completion on time and within budget.
Clients utilising our start-to-finish service for property extensions can expect the following:
• Complete Project Management
• Meticulous Design & Planning of Extensions
• Site Surveys & Risk Assessments
• Transparent & Open Costs in Line with Stated Budgets
• Drawing Up of Realistic Timescales
• Obtaining Planning Permission if Required
• Work in Compliance with Building Regulations
• A Safe, Tidy & Efficient Construction Site
• Ongoing Progress Reports During Construction
• Supply & Fit of Fixtures, Fittings, Windows & Doors
• Electrical & Plumbing Services
• Plastering, Painting & Decorating
From single-storey extensions that can add a home office, a larger kitchen or an additional living space, to double-storey extensions that add an extra bedroom with en-suite facilities, we cover every design and stylistic requirement.
To discuss options for your own property extensions in Selby, Pontefract, York or any of the surrounding areas, please contact us.
In our role as the building contractor of choice, we operate with 100% client satisfaction as a priority. From liaising with local authorities to secure planning permission if needed to ensuring designs comply with lawful architectural standards, MH Wood Building Services makes property extensions as stress-free as possible.
While every project differs from the last, each one follows these essential steps:
1. The first step in any extension project remains a thorough site survey of the premises in Selby or the wider Yorkshire area. By collating the required information, we get a clear understanding of potential risks at the site, the soil conditions and whether planning permission needs to be applied for or not. Naturally, if permission is required, we obtain it on behalf of our clients.
2. As a reputable building contractor, we present a detailed, no-obligation quotation for the entire project. Based on the final designs approved by the homeowner, this quote includes the breaking down of all costs. When accepted, all parties sign the necessary paperwork. We then begin scheduling manpower, machinery and delivery of materials for a prompt start on the arranged date.
3. Before the construction process begins, our team establishes the least disruptive access route between the roadside and the building site. Of course, we need to transfer tools, equipment and materials on a regular basis, but we aim to do so while causing as little disruption to our clients and their neighbours as possible.
4. We treat our work as a building contractor with the utmost severity, so we take every measure to ensure that our property extensions fully comply with current Building Regulations. In order to guarantee this, we schedule inspections from a Building Control Officer at every required point of the construction process.
5. We recognise that during property extensions, our building site is also a family home. As such, we operate with a firm focus on keeping the area clean and tidy, especially when leaving for the day. As your building contractor of choice, we guarantee that our team always treats our clients’ homes with the care and respect they deserve.
Here at MH Wood Building Services, we understand that property extensions in Selby, Pontefract, York and the neighbouring areas can quickly become a daunting prospect. That’s why our team is always on hand to offer support and advice, to answer any questions or to talk over possible design options.